This page will outline how I am striving to attain highly accomplished status as outlined in the AITSL National Standards for Teachers. These standards outline what quality teaching should look like.
1. Know students and how they learn.
2. Know the content and how to teach it.
3. Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning.
4. Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environment.
5. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning.
6. Engage in professional learning
7. Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community.
The Australian Institute for Teachers and School Leadership has initiated a nationally delivered online, professional learning program
Leading Curriculum Change has multiple units and I have completed the first one called Preparing to Lead which focused on Strands 6.1, 6.2 and 7.4.