Thanks to the generosity of committed educators in Margaret River, TeachMeet returned to our town last week. We are so fortunate that our teachers are willing to share their passions by volunteering to present.
- How Google Classroom has transformed a year 6 classroom enabling access and collaboration.
- How Bee Bots can be used effectively in literacy and math in the Early Childhood classroom
- How Class Dojo is an effective behavioural management tool
- How to become a global classroom using the Global Peace Crane Project
- The amazing resources available in iTunesU and iBooks
We were also extremely fortunate to have Mr Craig Kemp, the Head of ICT and Learning Innovation at Avondale Grammar in Singapore, Skype in and encourage us to form a global Professional Network and make global classroom connections for our students. You can find Craig at http://www.mekempnz.com or on Twitter @mrkempnz
If you haven’t experienced a TeachMeet yet, I encourage you to find one near you. I would also encourage you to take the plunge and present. TeachMeets are full of people wanting to learn and sharing your passions make them even more useful and relevant.
Nice work, Margaret River!